Thursday, March 18, 2010

today i discover i have no Faith

"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life."(1)

Tonight we was talking about the old testament. How Jesus encourage us, and almost like a command, to scrutinize the scriptures. But He didn't say: Scrutinize this letter that John or Pedro or whoever wrote at that time. To Jesus, the old testament was "The scriptures" the 5 books of the bibile was "The Law" He knew Leviticus like the back of His hand. It was the most important book fo they entire bible.

I start months ago to read the bible since the begining, i'm hearing some bible studies, but for some reason, nothing make any sence, i'm struggling. I thought, well... God is so complex that i will never understand Him completely. That's for sure. And judging what He do... is like almost sayin: "I can be God, I will do it this other way and it would be better" Which is not what i'm trying to do. I'm trying to know Him and learn. But acting like that doesn't look like that's my purpose.

We are used to believe and do the things that we understand and are for our benefit. But that's not everything you need to do. That's easy. There's something beyond all that.

Tonight maybe accidentally i heard something that open my eyes. Auny said to Brock something like this: "If you have faith, you would believe without understanding or questioning. That was the faith in Jesus times, and it was stronger"

I've been looking an answer for all this struggle moments i've had. I was sure it would be something obvious that i've been missing, or some simple solution with one word. I was waiting for it literally for a little more than 2 weeks. And this is it. My answer is: FAITH.

I know the answer now. But that's not enought. And the hardest part is comming. To make FAITH a verb (i think that's how andy stanley would say it haha).

"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"(2)

1.John5:36-40
2.John5:45-47

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home